STAGE 1 DROUGHT CONTINGENCY PLAN NOW IN EFFECT
June 15, 2022
The District Manager of the Nueces County WCID #3 has determined that the District has entered in Stage 1 of the Drought Contingency Plan.
Customers shall be required to comply with the requirements and restrictions on certain non-essential water uses as laid out in the District’s Water Contingency Plan. Plan is available for download at www.nueceswater3.com.
Stage 1 Response – Mild Water Storage Watch
Under Stage 1, the District will:
- Achieve a 10% reduction in daily treated water demand relative to treated water demand with the water use restrictions below.
- Use more repair crews if necessary, to allow for a quicker response time for water-line leak repair.
- District crews begin monitoring customers’ compliance with Stage 1 restrictions during the course of their daily rounds.
Under Stage 1, water customers will:
- Begin water use restrictions for reducing demand:
- Water customers are requested to limit the irrigation of landscaped areas to Sundays and Thursdays for water customers with a street address ending in an even number (0,2,4,6, and 8), and Saturdays and Wednesday for water customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1,3,5,7 or 9), and to irrigate landscapes only between the hours of midnight and 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight on designated watering days.
- All operations of the District shall adhere to water use restrictions prescribed for Stage 1 of the Plan.
- Water customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue water use for non-essential purposes.
Thank you for your cooperation. “Water is Precious…USE it Wisely!”