Stage 1 Drought Contingency Rates To Be In Effect April 15, 2023
March 15, 2023
The District Manager of the Nueces County WCID #3 has determined with the daily monitoring of the combined storage lake levels and levels being below 40% that the District may enter Stage 1 of the Drought Contingency Plan.
Customers shall be required to comply with the requirements and restrictions on certain non-essential water uses as laid out in the District's Water Contingency Plan. Plan is available for download at www.nuecewater3.com.
Stage 1 Response - Mild Water Storage Watch
Under Stage 1, the District will:
- Achieve a 10% reduction in daily treated water demand relative to treated water demand with the water use restrictions below.
- Use more repair crews if necessary, to allow for a quicker response time for water-line leak repair.
- District crews begin monitoring customers' comlpiance with Stage 1 restrictions during the course of their daily rounds.
Under Stage 1, water customers will:
- Will begin voluntary water use restrictions for reducing demand:
- Water customers are requested to voluntarily limit the irrigation of landscaped areas to Sundays and Thursdays for water customers with a street address ending in an even number (0,2,4,6,and 8), and Saturdays and Wednesdays for water customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1,3,5,7 or 9), and to irrigate landscapes only between the hours of midnight and 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight on designated watering days.
- All operations of the District shall adhere to water use restrictions prescribed for Stage 1 of the Plan.
- Water customers are requested to pratice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue water use for non-essential purposes.
Thank you for your cooperation. "Water is Precious....USE it Wisely!"